BIG LOTTERY FUND ANNOUNCES
The Big Lottery Fund (BIG) have launched a new grant scheme which will fund projects that bring local people together to discover, enjoy or protect the wildlife in their local area. BIG have teamed up with the BBC Wildlife Fund’s Go Wild campaign to bring you the Community Wildlife programme. The programme will fund between £300 and £10,000 for projects that:
Improve rural or urban environments for people to enjoy, for example by:
- protecting wildlife habitats
- creating a nature trail, woodland walk or wildlife garden for people to enjoy
- improving natural community spaces, such as rivers, ponds and woodlands.
Get people more active and healthier, for example by:
- exploring parks, rivers and the countryside to look for rare or endangered species
- encouraging people to take up gardening or go on nature walks
- providing opportunities for children to learn about nature through play.
More information and application forms at http://www.biglotteryfund.org.uk/prog_community_wildlife
posted July 15th 2010